AmEx Hilton Business Credit Card Review (2022.1 Update: 130k+1FN Offer)
Non-affiliate disclosure: all information about the this card have been collected independently by US Credit Card Guide and has not been reviewed by the issuer.
2022.1 Update: The new offer is 130k+1FN, and the spending requirement is only $3,000. This is one of the best offers on this card.
2021.5 Update: The offer is 130k+50k now. The latter 50k requires $10k spending.
2021.1 Update: The new offer is 150k+$150, which is the best ever offer on this card!
2020.9 Update: The new offer is 130k.
- 130k+1FN offer: earn 130,000 Honors Points and 1 free night after spending $2,000 in first 3 months.
- We value Hilton Honors Points at 0.4 cents/point (Hotel Points Value), click here to see how many points are required for a free night. Hilton FN is worth about $200. So the 130k+1FN welcome offer is worth about $720.
- Earn 12 Hilton Honors points per $1 spent on hotel stays within Hilton Portfolio; 6 points on U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service producers and U.S. purchases for shipping; 3 points on other purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status for cardholder. Upgrade to Hilton Diamond status when you make $40,000 or more in purchases each calendar year.
- One Weekend Night Reward at a hotel or resort in the Hilton portfolio after spending $15,000 in purchases on the card in a calendar year.
- 10 free Priority Pass Lounge passes.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offers, which often offers very good discounts at some stores. In the past we have seen offers like: Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 20,000 bonus Hilton points for every approved account you refer, up to 80,000 Hilton Points per calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
Only one AmEx credit card can be approved in a day. This rule does not apply to charge cards, you can be approved for one credit card and multiple charge cards in the day.Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but again, this rule does not apply to charge cards.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, not including charge cards.
This card is similar to the personal AmEx Hilton Surpass card. The welcome offer is decent, so it’s worth applying.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.
Historical Offers Chart
Note: in 2019 there was a 130k+FN welcome offer. The FN part is not shown in the chart.