How To Make More Money- 100+ Great Ideas
Want to learn how to make more money?
Learning how to earn more money is more popular than ever. Whether you need to make extra money so you can stop living paycheck to paycheck, if you’re looking to bulk up your savings, build a side business, or something else, there are many reasons for wanting to make extra money in your spare time.
Fortunately, there are also many, many different ways to make extra money.
In today’s article, I have over 100 different ideas that will teach you how to make more money.
There are options on this list that are 100% online, ideas for new businesses, part-time jobs, and so much more.
I absolutely love how making extra money can change a person’s life.
Personally, I paid off $38,000 in student loan debt in just 7 months, and I did that almost entirely by learning how to make more money.
It was not easy – good things don’t come easy!
It took a ton of hard work, lots of long hours, and motivation.
However, I’ve seen so many benefits come out of that work.
Because I was looking for so many different ways to pay off my student loan debt, I also stumbled upon creating my own business – this blog! Eventually, I quit my day job (which I didn’t love) to blog full-time, and I’ve been blogging for about 10 years now.
As you can see, learning how to make more money drastically changed my life. I stopped living paycheck to paycheck, paid off my debt, and now I have a career that I enjoy.
This is why I talk so much about making extra money on the side – because I believe that it can change your life for the better.
What I like so much about the ideas on this list is that there is something for everyone. There are really so many different options. While I have included over 100 different ways to make more money, there are endless possibilities. You can find something that fits your lifestyle, interests, and the amount of time you’re able to dedicate to making more money.
Learning how to make more money can help you:
- Save up for a big purchase, such as for a down payment on a house
- Pay off your debt
- Save for retirement
- Travel more
- Leave a job you don’t like to pursue something better
- Diversify where your income comes from
- Build an emergency fund
- And more!
What some people don’t realize about learning how to make more money is that it doesn’t have to take all of your time. You can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want. I started this blog on the side of my full-time job. It took a lot of work, but I was in control of when I worked.
That’s one of the reasons I love blogging and many of these other side hustles. Many of them are very flexible and let you pick your own schedule. Below you’ll find great options if you work full-time, are a parent, are in school, etc.
Related content on how to make more money:
Here’s how to make more money
How to make more money online
If you want to increase your earnings, then making money online can be a great option for you. One great benefit is that there’s no commute, which can save you a lot of time.
Time is especially important if you already have a full-time job, if you have kids, a family, are in school, and so on. Really, we’re all looking for ways to save time!
If you want to know how to make more money by starting your own business or working remotely, the ideas below can help you get started.
Here’s how to make more money online:
- Start a blog – This is the first thing I recommend to anyone interested in learning how to make more money online, and that’s because it’s exactly what I did! I have a Free How To Start and Launch A Money-Making Blog Course that you can join, and it will help you start and launch a successful blog!
- Help students answer questions online – Course Hero is a website that helps high school and college students with course-specific questions. Please read How To Make $300+ Weekly Answering Questions With Course Hero to learn more.
- Get paid to answer online surveys – Answering surveys online won’t make you rich, but it is one of the easiest ways to make money. Even though it’s a small amount of money, you can put it towards your debt payoff or savings goals. Survey companies I recommend include American Consumer Opinion, Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, Branded Surveys, and Pinecone Research. These survey companies are free to join and free to use! You get paid to answer surveys and to test products. To receive the most survey opportunities, it’s best to sign up for as many survey sites as you can.
- Join an online focus group – You can get paid $50 to $100 per hour by joining a focus group with User Interviews.
- Write an ebook – Writing your own ebook is a great way to earn extra money online, and there is probably something super helpful that you could write about (even if you think otherwise!). In fact, my friend Alyssa self-published her first book and has sold more than 13,000 copies. She is now earning a great passive income of over $200 a day from her book ($6,500 in one month alone!). Learn how to make more money online with ebooks at How Alyssa is making $200 a DAY in book sales passively.
- Run Facebook ads for small businesses – Bobby Hoyt, a former band teacher who now runs the successful website Millennial Money Man, started running Facebook ads for local businesses to help him pay off $40,000 in student loan debt in only 18 months. I interviewed Bobby to ask how he got started, why businesses want to run Facebook ads, and how easy it is to start this flexible side job. Bobby also has free Facebook ads training in his email course (you can sign up here). His free email course will teach you how to make more money online with Facebook ads, how to start this business even if you’re brand new, how to find paying clients, and more. Read the full interview at How To Make $1,000 Extra In Your Spare Time With Facebook.
- Sell printables online – Creating printables on Etsy can be a great side hustle. Because you are creating PDF files, you can create and sell them an unlimited number of times. You can learn more at How I Make Money Selling Printables On Etsy.
- Manage social media accounts for businesses – If you have social media skills and don’t mind spending more time on social media sites, then this might be something to look into. Learn more about How I Started a Pinterest Consulting Side Hustle and why it’s more than just sharing random content online.
- Get paid to search online – Swagbucks allows me to earn Amazon gift cards with very little work. Swagbucks is just like using Google to do your online searches, except you get rewarded with points called SB for the things you do through their website. Then, when you have enough points called SB, you can redeem them for cash, gift cards, and more. You’ll receive a free $5 bonus just for signing up through my link!
- Become a proofreader – In just one year, Caitlin made slightly over $43,000 as a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations. If you are looking for a new job, or just a new way to earn extra money on the side, this may be something to look into. Learn more at Make Money Proofreading By Becoming A Freelance Proofreader.
- Improve resumes – A few years ago, I interviewed a reader who ran a resume business. She showed me how others can earn money by helping people create the kind of resumes they need to land their next job. Because having a good resume is an important part of getting the job you want, this is an in-demand option. If you are constantly reviewing resumes for your friends because you’re so good at creating them, then you may want to turn your skills into a paying job!
- Post on your social media accounts – If you have social media accounts, even just a personal Facebook account, it’s possible to earn extra money by posting small ads on your account. One popular company that I recommend is Izea.
- Start freelance writing – A freelance writer is someone who writes for a number of different clients, such as websites, blogs, magazines, and more. These writers don’t work for one specific company, rather they work for themselves and contract out their writing. Learn more at How I Earn $200,000+ Writing Online Content.
- Moderate and watch forums – Some online forums will pay you to moderate their message boards. If there is a forum you visit often, you might want to see if they are hiring.
- Transcribe audio – Do you know what a transcriptionist does? They take audio files and turn them into a text format. You can learn more about what this takes and how it’s possible to earn extra money on the side as a transcriptionist at Make Money At Home By Becoming A Transcriptionist.
- Edit legal documents as a scopist – A scopist is someone who works from home and edits legal documents. Yes, this is a skill that you can learn. You can find a free course to learn more about how to become a scopist by clicking here.
- Virtual assistant – Virtual assistant tasks may include social media management, formatting and editing blog posts, scheduling appointments or travel, email management, and more. Basically, you get paid to do any task that needs to be done for someone’s business but doesn’t need to be done by them. You learn how to make more money online as a virtual assistant at how Kayla is earning $10K per month working from home as a virtual assistant.
- Start a bookkeeping business – Surprisingly, you don’t have to be an accountant or have any previous experience to become a bookkeeper online. You can read more about how to become a bookkeeper at Make Money At Home By Becoming A Bookkeeper.
- Build an online store – Did you know that you can create your own online store to earn extra money? Jenn, a reader of mine, started her online business a little over four years ago, and she has since developed and grown three successful online ecommerce stores earning an average of $19,000 per month. Learn more at How Jenn Makes Over $10,000 A Month With Her Online Store In Less Than 10 Hours Per Week.
- Help Google improve search quality – This is when you help Google improve the quality of their search engine results. You can learn more about this at Help Google Better The Internet And Make $1,000+ A Month From Home.
- Build a course and teach others what you know – Before you think that you have nothing to teach, I want to tell you that you most likely do! Online courses are extremely popular right now, and you don’t need to have a blog in order to be successful with an online course. I use Teachable for my online course platform, and I highly recommend it. Here’s How I’ve Made Over $1,000,000 From My First Course Without a Big Launch.
- Edit podcasts – Podcasting has grown a lot in the past few years, and it’s estimated that there are now over 850,000 podcasts. Podcasters need help editing their audio and adding music, so if you have audio editing skills, this could be a fun side hustle. Listing your service on Fiverr could be a great way to find clients who need your service. Learn more at How I Make $1,500 A Month As A Podcast Virtual Assistant.
- Sell stickers online – Creating stickers to sell on Etsy can be a great side hustle because stickers are so popular right now, plus it could be really fun! Learn more at How To Make $1,000+ A Month Selling Stickers Online.
- Sell Canva templates – You can start creating Canva templates to sell and make money all from your home – and never have to ship a thing. Learn how to make more money with this idea at How I Make $2,000+ Monthly Selling Canva Templates.
- Start a YouTube channel – I’m sure you know that people can make money on YouTube. Here’s how you can too! Learn more at How I Grew From 0 Subscribers To Over $100,000 On YouTube In Less Than One Year.
- Start a TikTok – Are you on TikTok? People are currently making tons of money on TikTok, and there’s so much room for growth as it’s still relatively new. Learn more at How I Make Money On TikTok – How I Grew To 350,000 Followers and Made $60,000 In 6 Weeks.
- Make money with affiliate marketing – Affiliate marketing is my favorite way to earn money online and it can be quite passive. Learn more at Affiliate Marketing Tips For Bloggers – Free eBook.
- Sell photos online – If you have an eye for taking pictures, you can learn how to make more money online by selling your photos to stock image sites. Shutterstock, Getty Images, and iStockPhotos are all great sites to sell your pictures through.
- Data entry – You can learn how to make more money on the side by doing data entry for companies. This is a good entry level online job, and it involves adding, verifying, and editing electronic data. Being a fast typer and having an eye for detail are two skills you’ll need for this job.
- Play games online – You won’t make a ton of money with this idea, but there are apps that will actually pay you to play games online. Mistplay is a popular app if you want to give this idea a try.
- Publish an online newsletter – This is similar to blogging, but instead of writing a blog, you are sending the content directly to your readers’ email inboxes. Some people write free newsletters, but you can also monetize them with affiliates, charge a monthly subscription, and so on. To make money, you’ll need excellent content that’s delivered on a regular basis.
Start a business
If you want to learn how to make more money, one option is to start a side or full-time business.
In the previous section, I talked about how to make more money online. In this section, these types of businesses may require in-person work.
Below are some business ideas that you may want to start:
- Pick up trash – This might not be the most exciting way to make extra income, but did you know that you can get paid $30- $50 an hour to pick up trash in your local area? Please read Get Paid $30 – $50 Per Hour To Pick Up Trash to learn how to make more money by picking up trash.
- Sell items on Amazon – Do you know what Amazon FBA is? Jessica Larrew, of The Selling Family, explains what Amazon FBA is and how selling on Amazon may be a possibility for you. She is a friend of mine, and I am blown away by her success! In the first year that Jessica’s family ran their Amazon FBA business together, working less than 20 hours a week total, they made over six figures profit! Learn more at How To Work From Home Selling On Amazon FBA.
- Do yard work – You can make money mowing lawns, killing/removing weeds, cleaning gutters, raking leaves, and so on. Because every season offers the opportunity for some type of yard maintenance, this can turn into a year round job.
- Watch a person’s home – You can get paid to watch someone’s house, take in their mail, water plants, watch their pets, and so on. House sitting doesn’t just have to be in your own town either. It can be something you do while on vacation. If you’d like to learn how to make more money with house sitting, read How We Became Professional House Sitters In Europe & Saved Over $5,000.
- Walk dogs and pet sit – If you love animals, then walking dogs can be a great way to make more money! Walking dogs and pet sitting can be a lot of fun because who doesn’t love animals!? With this business idea, you may be going over to your client’s home to check in a few times a day, you may be staying at their house, or the animals may be staying with you. Rover is a great company to sign up for if you’re interested in learning how to make more money as a dog walker and pet sitter.
- Groom cats and dogs – This is yet another animal related side business, and it could be a good one for you. With a mobile pet grooming business you will go directly to the pets rather than needing to find and set up a permanent business location.
- Become a tour guide in your area – Do you love showing off your city to friends and out-of-town guests? If so, you can earn extra money as a tour guide in your city. You can create any kind of tour you like – touring restaurants or bars, historical tours, bike tours, and more. Tours By Locals is a great site to connect with if you’re interested in learning more.
- Become a landlord – Whether you rent out a room in your home or start buying properties to invest in and then rent out, this could be one of the more lucrative ways to earn extra money on the side. Check out my blog post to learn more: How This 34 Year Old Owns 7 Rental Homes.
- Shovel snow – We no longer need to have our snow shoveled, but it was definitely something we didn’t enjoy doing when we lived in St. Louis. If you get snow where you live, then you may be able to knock on your neighbors’ doors to see if they would like their driveways and sidewalks shoveled. If you want to go a little further, you could even invest in a plow and market your services.
- Help others complete odd jobs – TaskRabbit is an online platform where people list odd jobs, like assembling furniture, running errands, or cleaning. You can find one-off jobs in your area using TaskRabbit to earn extra money.
- Babysit – When I was just 14, I was making $10 an hour babysitting for a neighbor. I babysat 40 hours a week, and it was a great way to make extra money! If you have any special skills or can provide extra work, such as cleaning up around the house, teaching the child how to speak another language, picking up the child after activities, and so on, you will most likely be able to charge more than $10 an hour.
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver – Spending your spare time driving others around can be a great money maker, and many rideshare drivers earn $15-$20/hour. You can learn how to make extra money with this idea in my post How To Become An Uber Or Lyft Driver.
- Help people fix things around their home – If you are a handy person, this could be a great option for you. Word of mouth is big when it comes to finding clients, but you can also post your services on Craigslist, post flyers to bulletin boards around your town, and more.
- Clean homes – Cleaning is something that many people dread. If you are good at cleaning and enjoy it, then you may be able to find clients who want you to come to their home to clean. This can pay around $20 an hour or more in some areas. Because cleaning for others is such a personal job, you will often find loyal customers who want you to come back over and over again.
- Help people move – Moving is another task that many people dislike. Movers can earn a broad range when it comes to hourly pay, but it’s usually somewhere around $25-$50 an hour if you run your own business.
- Become a photographer – Do you love photography? Then this is a great way to earn extra money while doing something you love to do. Learn more at How To Make $25,000 – $45,000 A Year As A New Photographer.
- Write romance novels – This probably isn’t an idea you expected to see in an article about how to make extra money, but writing romance novels is a growing and profitable industry. You can learn how Yuwanda Black, a freelance writer, started writing and self-publishing short romance novels in this interview. She earned over $3,000 in one month alone!
- Start a home bakery – Yes, you can bake and sell treats at home, such as cookies and cakes. Learn more at How To Make Extra Money By Starting A Home Bakery.
- Start a dog bakery – Do you love animals? Here’s how you can make dog treats and make money! Learn more at How I Earned Up to $4,000 Per Month Baking Dog Treats (With Zero Baking Experience!).
Start a part-time job
If you want to learn how to make more money, but you’re not interested in having your whole life revolve around starting a business, then a part-time job may be the way to go.
I know many people who have part-time side jobs, and they love that they are low-commitment ways to make extra money.
You can find a part-time side job on sites such as Snagajob, Craigslist (yes, I’ve found a legitimate job through there before), and so on.
- Deliver food and groceries – Postmates is a service that lets people use their phones to order food, drinks, and groceries. You would be working as a delivery person either with your car, scooter, motorcycle, or bicycle.
- Deliver RVs – RVs are huge, and the majority of the time they can’t be transported by semi-trucks because of their size. Due to that, someone has to drive them from the manufacturer to the RV dealership. We met a couple who did this for a living, and they both loved what they did. They were able to travel a lot, earn a living, and got to see new RVs all the time. To make extra income doing this, you can contact transport companies in your area, RV manufacturers, RV dealerships, and more.
- Find a part-time seasonal job – If you have a job that gives you the summers off (or any season off), then finding a part-time seasonal job could be a good way to earn extra money during your time off. Employers like Starbucks, REI, and Costco even offer part-time jobs with benefits, which adds even more value to these side jobs.
- Bartend – With bartending experience, you may be able to find a bartending job at a bar, restaurant, catering company, and more. Since the hours for this are usually later in the evening and on the weekends, it could easily fit with your regular 9-5 job schedule.
- Work at a restaurant – You could be a host, wait tables, bus tables, and so on. You may even get to eat delicious food and receive a discount when dining out at the restaurant you work for.
- Substitute teach – I know quite a few people who substitute teach both part-time and full-time and love it. Sometimes the schedule can be tricky as you may be called at the last moment, but other times you may secure a long-term position. In some places, substitute teaching can pay around $100 per day. There is a very high need for substitute teachers right now, and I recently read an article about bonuses if you sign up to substitute for specific school districts.
- Teach during summer school – If you are a teacher, then spending part of your summer teaching summer school is a great way to make extra money. My brother-in-law is a teacher and earns around $3,000 for three 4-day weeks of work, and they aren’t even full days. He and his wife use that money to fund their summer vacations.
- Work at a hotel, motel, hostel, resort, etc. – There are many jobs in the hospitality industry. If you love meeting new people who are visiting your area, this can be a great way to earn extra money. When we were RVing, we met several RVers who make money at RV parks and campgrounds while they are full-time RVers.
- Find a retail job – I worked in retail for over five years and made lifelong friends in the process. The income is okay, but you usually receive a good discount when working in retail.
- Deliver pizza – Pizza delivery drivers make $15/hour or more plus tips. This is a classic part-time job that’s still worth checking out!
- Lifeguard – You could be a lifeguard at a community pool, a private pool, a water park, and so on. You don’t have to be a teenager to be a lifeguard either!
- Work as a referee – Did you know that soccer refs for local community centers can make around $25/hour or more? You’ll have to know the rules to work as a referee, and you can learn more by contacting the community or sports center in your area.
- Deliver newspapers – Delivering newspapers can be a good way to make some side money. You may have to wake up early, but maybe those are the hours you are looking for.
- Run errands for others – Being someone’s assistant can be an interesting way to earn extra money. You may get paid to do someone else’s laundry, clean their home, pick up their food, answer phone calls, and more.
- Teach people to knit, crochet, or craft – Because crafts like knitting and crochet are very hands-on skills, many people prefer in-person lessons. You can make money teaching group classes at a local craft store, or you can do one-on-one lessons. Depending on where you live, you can charge $25/hour or more.
- Work at a summer camp – This is a fun idea if you’re a student, but many summer camps are looking for adults with childcare experience. There are camps with specific themes, like sports, art, animas, and so on. You can learn how to make more money as a camp counselor by looking for camps near you.
- Deliver vehicles – For people who sell old cars, motorcycles, scooters, and other vehicles, you really can’t just ship what you sell. That’s why these people are looking for others to transport their goods around the country. You can learn how to make more money delivering vehicles by researching online vehicle selling communities or by talking to someone you know who does this.
How to make more money by selling things
Whenever someone asks me how they can make money quickly, I tell them to find something to sell!
There are so many things that you could possibly sell to make more money.
You may be able to find things around your house to sell, and some people buy and resell items from thrift stores for profit. Bottom line, if you want to learn how to make more money quickly, selling stuff is one of the fastest ways!
- Flip things – Melissa’s family was able to make $42,875 in one year through buying and flipping items for sale, and they were only working about 10-20 hours per week. You can learn how to make more money buying and reselling in How Melissa Made $40,000 In One Year Flipping Items.
- Sell/donate eggs or sperm – Yup, you can definitely earn extra money selling those things! Depending on your characteristics, women can earn anywhere from a few thousand dollars to $10,000 or more for their eggs. Egg donors are typically under the age of 30 and healthy. African American women and Asian American women usually make the most money as there is a larger need for their eggs. This is not easy money, so if you’re interested in learning more about how to make more money with this idea, you will want to do your research! There are a number of doctor visits, and extracting the eggs requires a medical procedure. Sperm donations are easier, and the average donation pays anywhere from $50 to $100. Some men donate as often as 2-3 times each week.
- Sell things on Facebook Marketplace – Facebook is a great place to sell your items to make some cash. You can find buyers in your area, but for larger items, like cars and furniture, buyers are often willing to travel. And, because you are most likely already on Facebook, this is one of the easiest ways to sell your stuff. Facebook Marketplace is also free to use.
- Sell on Poshmark – Poshmark is one of the most popular places online for to buy and sell gently used clothing, shoes, and more. You should always be honest in your listings, take great photos, and ship items out as soon as they sell.
- Sell to second hand stores – There are many second hand stores out there that will take your clothing and shoes. Stores like Plato’s Closet, Hut No. 8, and Buffalo Exchange will pay you upfront for on-trend young adult clothing, and they take all of the legwork out of selling items, which is really helpful. There are also second hand stores for designer items, women’s clothing, children’s items, and more. Some pay upfront, whereas others may not pay you until after the item has sold.
- Sell on eBay – Whether it’s clothes, a car, electronics, and so on, eBay is a great place to sell all sorts of things online. eBay also has a worldwide reach, which can be great if the market in your area isn’t large enough for your niche. I know many people who earn extra money selling on eBay, and it’s very easy to get started.
- Sell on Craigslist – Craigslist has gotten a bad rap in the past, but I have always had great success when I have bought or sold things through this platform. Craigslist can be a great way to sell your items, while often earning a higher value for them too. However, be safe, because you will have to meet with strangers to complete the transactions.
- Sell sports gear – Play It Again Sports is one of several second hand stores that buys and resells sports equipment and workout gear. These kinds of items also sell well on eBay, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace.
- Sell on Etsy – Etsy is a great place to sell handmade items, vintage finds, and craft supplies. If you are a crafty person, definitely check out this website if you are looking for ways to earn extra money.
- Sell gift cards – If you have gift cards that you aren’t going to use, why not sell them to earn extra money? There are many, many websites out there that will pay you cash for your gift cards. Gift Card Granny and CardSell are great places to check out if you want to learn how to make more money selling gift cards.
- Have a yard sale – A garage sale can be an easy way to make extra money because people come straight to your house. The only downside is that you usually don’t make as much for your items as you would if you were to sell them online.
- Sell your old books, textbooks, guides, and more – Back when I was in college, I sold my textbooks as soon as the class was over. This helped me regain the amount that I originally paid for the book. You can sell your books online, and most university bookstores have a buyback option.
- Flip cars, mopeds, or scooters – In addition to teaching summer school, one of the ways my brother-in-law has learned how to make more money is from buying vintage mopeds and scooters, fixing them up, and selling them for a profit on online marketplaces, like Facebook or Craigslist. In one flip, he made more than $900 profit. This is a very specific skill, but it’s worth looking into if you know what you’re doing.
- Sell your used tech – Decluttr is a website that is specifically for selling old computers, phones, tablets, DVDs, video games, and game consoles. You browse the site to find what you want to sell, enter the condition, and you can lock in an immediate valuation.
How to make more money at the job you already have
Okay, so I get it – not everyone wants to work more hours.
If you’re worried about hustling yourself to death or spending your valuable time working more, then learning how to make more money at your current job is worth exploring.
With how hard it is to fill job vacancies at the moment, you may be able to secure a hefty raise or a promotion.
Here are some ideas for making more at your current job:
- Get a raise – Asking for a raise may be the best way to earn extra money at your current job as the workload and number of working hours will most likely stay the same. Many people never ask for a raise, which means you could be leaving money on the table. Over numerous years, this can add up to a significant amount of income! If you’ve just successfully completed a big project or taken on new responsibilities, then it might be time to ask for a raise.
- Try for a promotion – If a raise is not possible, then you may want to try for a promotion that comes with a pay bump. Sometimes companies can only pay you so much for the job you currently have, but perhaps a promotion with different and/or additional job duties, a possible move, etc. may result in an increase in pay.
- Earn bonuses – Depending on the industry and the company you work at, you may be able to earn bonuses. Bonuses are often paid in large chunks which makes them ideal for paying off large amounts of credit card or student loan debt. Or, you could even invest your bonus to earn even more in the long run.
- Work overtime – So many businesses are offering overtime right now, and you may be able to take advantage of this.
How to make more money with even more ideas
In addition to the 80+ ideas above, there are many, many more ways to increase your income.
The ideas below didn’t fit well in with any of the sections above, but I still wanted to include them.
- Rent your RV out to others – Many RVs sit unused in storage lots, driveways, and backyards, so why not try to make a little extra money while you’re not using yours? Learn how to make more money with your RV at How To Make Extra Money By Renting Out Your RV.
- Rent out your car – Did you know that you can share your car with travelers on a daily, weekly, or even on a long-term basis and make extra money? I’m talking about listing your car and making money on Turo, which is like Airbnb for cars. It takes as little as 10 minutes to list your car, and you can earn up to 90% of the trip price.
- Clean up poop outdoors – Businesses and personal homes sometimes pay others to pick up poop. From birds to dogs, poop can really make things dirty and someone has to clean it up.
- Sell your poop – Speaking of poop… you can make money selling yours. Learn more at How To Make $2,000+ Monthly Selling Your Poop.
- Cuddle with strangers – Did you know that you can get paid to cuddle with people that you don’t even know? You may be able to earn $100+ each day by cuddling with someone.
- Place advertisements on your car or home – Yes, there are companies out there that will pay you to place an advertisement on your car or home.
- Help deliver a sailboat – Because you need sailing experience to do this, this won’t be for everyone. But, if you know your way around a boat, then you may be able to earn extra money delivering sailboats. My husband actually helped out on a couple of sailboat deliveries in the past few years, and he traveled to many amazing places along the way, including several European countries.
- Be an extra in a movie or TV show – If there’s a movie or TV show that is being filmed near you, you can apply to be an extra to make some money on the side. You won’t have to do much, and it could be a lot of fun, especially if you are able to meet someone famous!
- Start investing with spare change – Investing through platforms like Acorns makes investing even more approachable. You simply link your bank or credit cards and Acorns rounds every transaction up to the next dollar. Read more at How To Start Investing With Little Money.
- Sell breast milk – If you are able to breastfeed and want to know how to make more money, then selling your breast milk may be an option for you. Breast milk often goes for $1 to $2.50 per ounce, and sometimes it sells for as much as $4 per ounce. There are many people who are looking to buy breast milk, including mothers and even athletes.
- Receive bonuses and rewards for using a credit card – There are many credit cards out there that will give you cash back just for using them. If you can trust yourself with credit cards (please skip this if you have a bad track record with credit cards), this is something to look into. Learn more at Best Rewards Credit Cards.
- Take part in medical research studies – Medical studies allow you to help with the research and study of diseases, medicines, treatments, and more. To find paid medical research studies, I recommend checking out your local Craigslist, contacting universities in your area, and seeing if there are any medical testing companies around you. Most cities have these options, and you just have to look for them.
- Enter contests and giveaways – There’s no guarantee that you will win anything when entering contests, but if you get lucky, this would be a really fun way to earn extra money. You may win cash, gift cards, vacations, electronics, and more. The key here is to enter as many as you can. And, many stores and restaurants post drawings and giveaways at the bottom of their receipts.
- Mystery shop – I used to make $150 to $200 a month mystery shopping. Bestmark is the only company I used, so I know that they are a real mystery shopping company. Learn how to make more money by mystery shopping at Want To Make An Extra $100 A Month? Learn How To Become A Mystery Shopper.
- Use InboxDollars – InboxDollars is an online rewards website I recommend if you want to find ways to earn extra money on the side. You can earn cash by taking surveys, playing games, shopping online, searching the web, redeeming grocery coupons, and more. Also, by signing up through my link, you will receive $5.00 for free!
- Travel the world and be an au pair – In 2016, my sister was an au pair in Italy. It was an interesting experience, and she shares how you can become an au pair and travel the world in her blog post How To Become An Au Pair And Travel The World.
- Rent out your pool – Swimply is a company where you can rent out your pool to make extra money. If you have a pool and want to know how to make more money, this is a great idea because it’s somewhat passive. You get to choose your fees and when your pool is available.
- Earn cash when you open a new bank account – More and more banks are giving out cash rewards to new customers who open a checking or savings account. Banks usually have a minimum deposit amount, and you’ll probably have to maintain it for at least 1-3 months. I’ve seen sign-on bonuses ranging from $100-$300.
How do I make an extra $1000 a month?
Do you want to make an extra $1,000 a month?
Many of the ideas on this list will allow you to make at least $1,000 a month. Whether you choose to start an online business, build a side business, sell items, or something else, there are many choices for you.
Please head to Ways To Make An Extra $1,000 A Month.
How to make extra income while working full-time?
I completely understand that working a side job in addition to working a full-time job can be hard. I did this for years, and it is not easy at all.
However, it can be well worth it.
Please head to 16 Ideas That Will Teach You How To Find Time To Make Extra Money to learn more.
What are easy ways to make extra money?
Taking online surveys is probably the easiest way to make extra money, but the pay isn’t that great. You can make around $1-$3 an hour with online surveys, but you can take them while you’re watching TV, waiting in line, and so on.
The survey companies I recommend include:
- American Consumer Opinion
- Survey Junkie
- Branded Surveys
- Pinecone Research
- Prize Rebel
- Opinion Outpost
- User Interviews
- Springboard America
Read 13 Paid Survey Sites To Make $50+ Per Month to learn how to make more money easily with surveys.
How to make money in one hour?
If you want to learn how to make more money fast, I recommend finding something around your home to sell – everyone has something they can sell!
While there are things you may not want to part with, this is one of the fastest ways to make cash quick.
How to make more money – summary
As you read above, there are so many different ways to make more money.
The ideas above that were discussed include:
- Start a blog
- Help students answer questions online
- Take online surveys
- Join a focus group
- Write an ebook
- Run Facebook ads
- Sell printables online
- Social media management
- Get paid to search online
- Become a proofreader
- Improve resumes
- Post on your social media accounts
- Start freelance writing
- Moderate forums
- Transcribe audio
- Edit legal documents
- Virtual assistance
- Build an online store
- Help Google improve search quality
- Teach an online course
- Edit podcasts
- Sell stickers online
- Sell Canva templates
- Start a YouTube channel
- Start a TikTok
- Affiliate marketing
- Sell photos online
- Data entry
- Play games
- Publish an online newsletter
- Pick up trash
- Sell on Amazon
- Do yard work
- House sitting
- Dog walking and pet sitting
- Groom dogs and cats
- Become a tour guide
- Become a landlord
- Shovel snow
- Do odd jobs
- Drive for Uber or Lyft
- Work as a handyman
- Clean houses
- Help people move
- Become a photographer
- Write romance novels
- Start a home bakery
- Start a dog bakery
- Deliver food and groceries
- Deliver RVs
- Find a part-time seasonal job
- Work at a restaurant
- Substitute teach
- Teach summer school
- Work in hospitality
- Find a retail job
- Deliver pizzas
- Work as a referee
- Deliver newspapers
- Run errands
- Teach people to knit, crochet, or craft
- Work at a summer camp
- Deliver vehicles
- Flip things
- Sell/donate eggs or sperm
- Sell on Facebook Marketplace
- Sell on Poshmark
- Sell to second hand stores
- Sell on eBay
- Sell on Craigslist
- Sell sports gear
- Make money on Etsy
- Sell unused gift cards
- Have a yard sale
- Sell your old books and textbooks
- Flip cars, mopeds, or scooters
- Sell your used tech
- Get a raise
- Try for a promotion
- Earn work bonuses
- Work overtime hours
- Rent your RV
- Rent out your car
- Clean up poop
- Sell your poop
- Cuddle with strangers
- Advertise on your car or house
- Deliver sailboats
- Be a TV or movie extra
- Invest with spare change
- Sell breast milk
- Earn credit card reward bonuses
- Medical research studies
- Enter contests and giveaways
- Mystery shop
- Use InboxDollars
- Travel as an au pair
- Rent out your pool
- Earn cash back for opening a new bank account
Do you want to learn how to make more money?